In the summer of 1959, a group of Christians believed it was the Lord’s will to begin a Bible Study based on the fundamental truths of God’s Word. Missionary-Pastor Leon Buck, who was then leading Pellston Bible Church some 66 miles away, answered the call to lead the class. The weekly Bible Study on the book of John kicked off in January 1960 and was held in the historic Smith cabin, which now resides at the Montmorency Fairgrounds.
By the fall of 1960, the meetings had moved to a local hall, and on Easter Sunday of 1961, the first Sunday Service was led by Pastor Archie Kliewer. On July of 1962, the first gift was given toward a building fund for the present-day church building. By September, a wooded lot in Atlanta was purchased. Much of the wood was logged off and sold which helped to substantially pay for the lot. The Lord continued to provide, and with the help of many, by September of 1966, it was possible to move into the partially completed church building.
A bigger sanctuary was added to the existing building, and on Easter of 1977, the first meeting there was a Sunrise Service led by Pastor Fulayter.
For 25 years, starting from Father’s Day in 1991 through the end of 2015, Pastor Roger Steele led Atlanta Bible Church. Roger and his wife Barb endlessly served the community of Atlanta.
On May 15th, 2016, Ron Larsen became pastor of the church. Ron and his wife, Lynette, are Village Missionaries.
Village Missions exists to glorify Jesus Christ by developing spiritually vital country churches in rural North America.